Heathmere Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Heathmere (3305) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Great Ocean Rd/Otway Ranges, Victoria. It is about 297 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Heathmere is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Heathmere was 241 and is comprised of approximately 44.8% females and 55.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Heathmere is 44 years of age.

92.9% of people living in the suburb of Heathmere were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.1% Netherlands, 1.2% England.

97.1% of people living in Heathmere speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Heathmere is 37.3% No religion, 21.2% Uniting Church, 10.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.7% Catholic, 7.9% Anglican, 5.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.9% Christian, nfd, 2.9% Lutheran, 2.5% Baptist, 1.2% Other religious affiliation .

61.0% of people are married, 23.1% have never married and 9.2% are divorced and 2.1% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Heathmere.

54.4% of the people living in Heathmere over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 34.2% are working on a part time basis. Heathmere has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Heathmere are 21.2% Managers, 21.2% Technicians & trades workers, 15.0% Labourers, 12.4% Professionals, 8.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.1% Sales workers, 6.2% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Heathmere work in are 21.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 18.3% Manufacturing, 10.4% Construction, 7.8% Retail trade, 7.0% Health care and social assistance, 5.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.2% Public administration and safety, 5.2% Other services, 3.5% Inadequately described/Not stated.

46.1% of homes are fully owned, and 46.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 7.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $447 per week and the median household income is $1142 per week.

The median rent in Heathmere is $90 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1452 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Heathmere postcode 3305

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Stanhope 3623 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria